†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† January 11, 2005 regular meeting minutes
Officers present were President John Moore N1FOJ,VP Dale Clement AF1T,Secretary Don Curtis N1ZIH, Treasurer Scott Clay N1ZGO
1. After a round of introductions, a QRP round table was hosted by Jim McElroy, NS1E with presentations by Ron Herman K1PDY and Jim Cluett W1PID and Dale Clement AF1T on VHF QRP.
2. Secretaryís report on the Christmas party and election of officers was read and accepted.
3. Treasurerís report; Our flea market is our major fundraiser. Scott reports that the insurance is in order for this yearís flea market. The bill for the equipment insurance is due in February for $65.00. A motion was passed to pay the State non-profit fee. We have a balance of $950.00. The report was accepted as read.
4. Hamfest update; Jim NS1E reports that the magazine notifications have been made. The school has been notified of the insurance coverage being in effect. He is still looking for volunteers to help with setup, food, VE sessions etc. Contact Al Bardwell NS1O if you can help with the VE session. March 27th was set as the date, but emails subsequent to this meeting advised that is Easter Sunday. Anyone with ideas for another date are urged to contact Jim NS1E or any officer.Motions were passed to spend† $200.00 for door prizes to include an HT and another $200.00 for food.
5. NH QSO party; is being started up again by the Great Bay Radio Club on February 6th† starting at 6:00 pm. A sign up sheet was passed around.
6. An open house was held at the new Concord American Red Cross chapter house on January 13th. All members were urged to attend.
7. Our March meeting will take place at the new chapter house on Tuesday the 8th.
8. Dale AF1T reported on upcoming programs. Aprilís meeting will be held on the 12th to celebrate his 89th birthday. Anyone with any ideas for upcoming programs is urged to contact Dale.
9. John N1FOJ talke about emergency communications during the recent tsunami. There are some interesting stories about ham radio communications on the Washington Post website.
10. Classes; Dale AF1T, has been helping scouts with their radio merit badges and this has sparked an interest among them of becoming hams. Al, NS10 Micki W1MKY and Dale are organizing a crash course in February tentatively slated for the 12th-13th for the scouts and anyone else who may be interested. A motion was passed to spend up to $50.00 for teaching materials. John Moore KB1CSI [the other one] will check on the availability of the Concord ARC for the class. Dave Connor, N1KTP† suggested we use the new Henniker community center and will be checking into that as well.††
11. Don Curtis N1ZIH reports that the new owner of Al Higgins house has contacted him about removing the tower from that location. Al has informed the club that he would like us to have it. A motion was passed to remove it the earliest possible time.
12. Food for the next meeting will be provided by Micki Bergh and drinks by Don Curtis.
13. The business meeting will take place at Lee Scottís residence on January 25th at 7:00 pm.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:39 pm.
Respectfully submitted Donald Curtis, Secretary