Contoocook Valley Radio Club
January 8, 2002
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Jason Greene, N1IIC
†††††††† At that time, in a brief ceremony the gavel was passed to Shawn Upton, KB1CKT our new president
The new officers then assumed their duties for the upcoming year. They are VP Larry Damour N1PHV,
Secretary Donald Curtis N1ZIH, Treasurer Skip Doughty N1PHZ. Our outgoing treasurer Dave Connor
N1KTP will be assisting Skip with his duties for a short transition period. Congratulations and good luck to the
†††††††† After that we had the members introduce themselves. Congratulations to new member Mark Johnson KA1UUM. He found out about CVRC through our club website.
†††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††The program was on meteor scatter presented by Lee Scott AA1YN.
After a ten minute break the meeting reconvened. The November minutes were read and accepted.
The treasurerís report was read and accepted. Jerry, K1BBQ gave a brief report on the new leadership and progress of the Capital Area ARES group. The repeater has been experiencing some intermittent problems but is working fine now. A brief discussion followed on the possibility of replacing the repeater or setting up a back up repeater at a different site. It was also discussed whether we would have to make any licensing changes should this occur.
††††††† Mailings are going well, although due to a family death Don N1ZIH was unable to get a postcard out for February, but the newsletter will go out on schedule.
††††††† Steve N1HXO† was not present to discuss public service events, but there are two coming up rather shortly.
†††††††††††††††† 1.January 26th, The Boston Prep road race in Derry. Contact Harvey Schow W1ZIZ for more info.
†††††††††††††††† 2.February 16th, The Sandwich Notch race. Contact Jason N1IIC for more info.
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† New business
††††††††††††††† 1.Lee AA1YN read an email from Al Shuman N1FIK regarding QST re;dropping publication of contest
results. Discussion followed, and a motion was made seconded and passed unanimously to send a letter on The club letterhead to QST to stating our objection to this. It was decided to write the letter at our next business meeting.
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Old business
1. Cliff Eisner mentioned that the P.O. box rent was overdue and had to be taken care of or we might lose it. Dave Connor stated that a check had been sent and we were all set. A brief discussion on who was supposed to have keys and be responsible for picking up mail followed.
2. Spring amateur radio classes. I will be contacting Bob Hadley about having them at NHTI again this year and whether he will be willing to teach them
3. Hamfest. Dale AF1T mentioned whether it was too late to get an ad in QST re; the CVRC flea market.The possibility of getting the notice in via email was mentioned as a way getting it in on time.
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††Items for the good of the order.
1. Feb. program. Jason will be looking into the tour of WMUR television. The backup program will be on psk31. It was mentioned again that ideas for new programs are needed desperately. Forms for this should be available at our next regular meeting
2. Food and drink. Jerry will be bringing food and I will bring the drinks
A motion was seconded and voted on and the meeting adjourned at 10:07 p.m.
Respectfully submitted Donald Curtis, Secretary