Contoocook Valley Radio Club
November 27, 2001
Pres. Jason, N1IIC opened the meeting at 7:37, November 27, 2001, at his home in Bow, NH.
Members in attendance: Jason Greene, N1IIC; Dale Clement, AF1T; Al Marin, K1CYJ, and Shawn Upton, KB1CKT.
1. Jason asked who would be the chairman? Several names were submitted and Jason will contact them for their input.
2. Last hamfest’s raffle item was very successful and we should have the same this coming event.
3. The date of March 17, 2002 was suggested with an alternative date of March 10.
4. Advertising should go out early to the major journals and newsletters.
5. Another VE session should be scheduled.
Classes: Entry level
1. Bob Hadley, K1DWI, will be asked to coordinate the nest session of classes at the Tech. in Concord.
2. Ten or more potential hams are needed to effectively conduct a successful 10-12 week session.
3. Classes will have a later start than the last session, but should coincide to end prior to the Hosstraders in May.
Newsletter – The Key
1. There was a discussion on how many time the newsletter should be published. It is published six times a year now. Should we go 4 times a year?
2. Some of the articles to appear in the next issue are: 6 meter activity, meteor showers, Christmas party add, QSO party information, last meeting Telephone program and others.
1. December: Christmas Dinner Meeting at Cat n Fiddle in Concord.
2. January: WMUR Television Tour.
3. Future program suggestions: Fire Towers, High Speed Meteor- Scatter (WSJT, see December issue of QST for an article written by Joe Taylor, K1JT), and revisit PSK-31.
4. Raffles at each meeting.
1. Location – hopefully will the usual place in Henniker.
2. The same chair team as last June will lead.
1. The February NH QSO Party seems to be in limbo.
2. There is a concerted effort to have a New England QSO Party and that would occur in May.
Post Office Box:
1. The box due of $20 has been received.
2. The question came up as to the possibility of changing our mail address to another locality other than Henniker. The consensus was no, but the new club officers will decide.
1. December 18, in Hillsboro at the Sampan Chinese Restaurant for a dinner meeting starting at 6 pm.
Adjourned at 9:21 pm.