Field Day Committee Report 5/23/01
Field Day Coordinators .K1BBQ Jerry Blanchard, KB9DGB Tim Firkowski, KB1CKT Shawn Upton
1. We will try for a classification of 4A
q Frequencies to be used to field day ..Band Managers
q 80m N1EYF Alan Bardwell
q 40m W1VE Jerry Hull
q 20m N1FOJ John Moore
q 15m AF1T Dale Clement
q 10m WA1VKO Micheal Murphy
q 80 meters will be operated at night, when one of the other bands are no longer useable. This will allow us to operate 5 bands and still have a 4A classification.
1. Other Stations to be set up.
q Novice Station 10m ...??KB1GAO Dan Daley??
q VHF station K1CYJ Al Marin
q KB1CKT Shawn Upton will be coordinator for station use at field day.
1. How to gain the Bonus Points
q Public Relations ..Tom Matisko N1SKZ 100pts
q Information Booth at FD site K1LAS Louise French& Sonia Blanchard(K1BBQ XYL) .100pts
q Message Origination N1ZIH Don Curtis .. ..100pts
q Message Handling N1ZIH Don Curtis . ..100pts
q Satellite Contact .K1CYJ Al Marin, Tim Firkowski KB9DGB .. 100pts
q W1AW Bulletin AF1T Dale Clement, but we need everyone to try to get it just in case ..100pts
q Demonstrations . . .. . . 300pts
q Laser AF1T Dale Clement ...
q ATV KB9DGB Tim Firkowski ...
q EME .(AF1T Dale Clement) or SSTV ..(KB9DGB Tim Firkowski) ..
q Site Visit eg. Red Cross, Police Tom Matisko N1SKZ . ..100pts
q Alternative Energy ..K1BBQ Jerry Blanchard, KB9DGB Tim Firkowski 100pts
1. Method of Logging contacts
q Logging method will be up to the Band Manager.
q Field Day committee recommends paper logs.
1. Site Layout .In Process .
2. Acquisition of Portable Potty ....N1KTP Dave Connors
3. Setup of signs for Field Day . KB1CKT Shawn Upton
4. Safety Officer ...KB1FUH Rob Farley
5. How many Generators to run
q 1 good generator will be used to run the whole site ..N1IIC Jason Greene
q A good backup will be available . ..N1HXO Steve Ingham
q Ground rods will be needed for Generator & 1 for each station.
q Power Distribution N1PHZ Skip Doughty
1. Acquisition of Fire Extinguishers
2. Food Coordinator .N1KTP Dave Connors & K1TXP Bob Peterson
q One or two helpers will be needed to load up food on Friday 6/22/01 & unload Sunday 6/24/01
1. Will the club pay for food this year due to monies on hand Initially unanimously approved at business meeting. General Membership will have to vote on it at the Club Meeting
2. Lighting of area N1PHZ Skip Doughty
3. Large signs to be posted at each station w/ Frequency and mode KB1CKT Shawn Upton
4. Cutting of Field Day area .N1PHZ Skip Doughty
5. Reporting results ...K1BBQ Jerry Blanchard
6. Photos Lee Scott